At MPACT, we are driven by our mission to enhance the quality of life in our communities. We are actively seeking talented individuals who are passionate about making a difference and thrive in providing innovative solutions to complex challenges.
As a company, we foster a collaborative and supportive environment where our team members can excel. We value expertise, dedication, and a strong commitment to delivering exceptional results. If you are a knowledge expert in your field and take pride in your work, we invite you to consider joining our team.
Together, we can make a lasting impact and create positive change. Submit your resume today to explore exciting career opportunities at MPACT.
Environmental Specialist / NEPA/ Flood Plain Manager – Houston, TX
Key team member responsible for assessing and ensuring compliance with environmental regulations and policies, with a particular focus on NEPA requirements. Assists in procedures and programs to evaluate and minimize environmental risks and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements by performing the following duties. This role plays a critical part in managing and minimizing environmental impacts related to projects and activities.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
- Performs NEPA reviews and environmental testing and sampling.
- Conduct HUD Part 58 Environmental compliance requirements.
- Lead or assist in conducting environmental impact assessments for various projects, including development, infrastructure and land-use initiatives.
- Prepare, review and manage NEPA documents, including Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) and Environmental Assessments (EA).
- Assists environmental project activities including scheduling, tracking, and planning for environmental assessments, site investigations, feasibility studies, and remedial action plans.
- Assists in the development of a compliance strategy(s) to meet regulatory requirements.
- Resolves environmental issues, provides technical assistance and identifies training needs for both internal staff and external customers.
- Manage and facilitate environmental permitting processes, including applications and approvals for required project development.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies and authorities to secure necessary permits.
- Analyzes, develops, and implements activities to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all remediation efforts.
- Assesses the environmental risk of activities and assists team members of environmental impact.
- Interprets data and observations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry guidelines and advises management accordingly.
- Evaluates current and proposed codes, standards, regulations, and guidelines to determine the impact on current and future programs and activities.
- Prepares technical documentation for management’s use when interacting with regulatory agencies and other internal/external needs.
- Maintains working knowledge of new technologies developed by the industry and government regulations.
- Monitor ongoing projects to ensure continued compliance with NEPA requirements.
Qualifications and experience at this level:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university – Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Biology or a related degree is advantageous; or three or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3+) or more years of direct experience in environmental scopes of work.
- Familiar with some or most of the following: Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Coastal Barrier Resources Act, Solid Waste Disposal Act, and Executive Orders 11988 (Floodplains), 11990 (Wetlands) and 12898 (Environmental Justice).
- Certified Floodplain Manager Certification a plus
- Experience in all phases of Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) model
- Demonstrated success working within a multi-disciplinary development team under tight deadlines with demanding clients
Business Development Capture Manager – Houston, TX
Business Development Capture Manager
MPACT Strategic Consulting LLC (MPACT) seeks a highly experienced, detail-oriented Capture and Business Development Manager to identify and expand business opportunities. The Capture and Business Development Manager will plan, organize, and manage business development and captures within the state and local markets to include state agencies and other local/regional municipalities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Research leads to pursue timely response to opportunities for Business Development
· Proven track record of successful capture management across multiple organizations
· Manage CRM tools and capture management metrics for proposals
· Participate in pre-bid meetings, provide briefings and summary to BD team
· Maintain client relationships for follow up to submissions
· Researches and learns new emerging technologies and industry trends
· Experience in pricing strategies across multiple contracts
· Manage captures and establish strong client relationships within the state of Texas
· Manage captures and establish strong client relationships within the local/regional markets
· Lead major capture efforts and proposal development from implementation to completion
· Develop and manage the capture strategy
· Develop and manage internal and external partnerships
· Develop and manage business and marketing plans
· Develop and manage customer profiles and customer needs
· Develop and manage budgets
· Execute customer plans to shape acquisitions
· Coordinate competitive assessments and identify competitors
Qualifications and experience at this level:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, or related field.
· Five to 10 plus years of Capture experience.
· Experience in managing strategic capture awards.
· Experience bidding and winning contracts.
· Extensive and diversified background with at least ten years of related experience.
· Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
· Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
· Outstanding verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent managerial and diplomacy skills.
· Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other related software.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Demonstrated competency in strategic planning and business development
· Demonstrated competency and working knowledge of data analysis and performance and operations metrics
· Full Time
· 1 Hire
· This candidate should reside in the Houston metro area.
· Pay based on skill & experience
Section 3 Compliance Specialist – New York – NY
A Section 3 Compliance Specialist plays a pivotal role in ensuring that organizations or businesses receiving federal funding or contracts adhere to the regulations outlined in Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968. This role involves oversight, reporting, and coordination to promote economic opportunities and self-sufficiency for low-income individuals and communities.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Interpret and stay updated on Section 3 regulations to ensure compliance.
- Advise the organization on how to meet Section 3 requirements.
- Assessment and Monitoring:
- Identify Section 3 eligible residents, businesses, or workers within the community.
- Monitor and document compliance by contractors and subcontractors.
- Outreach and Education:
- Develop and implement outreach programs to inform eligible individuals and businesses about Section 3 opportunities.
- Conduct training and informational sessions to educate stakeholders on their rights and responsibilities.
- Contract Compliance:
- Review and assess federal contracts to determine Section 3 requirements.
- Collaborate with procurement and contract management teams to ensure inclusion of Section 3 clauses in agreements.
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare and submit regular reports to federal agencies and authorities to demonstrate Section 3 compliance.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation related to compliance efforts.
- Partnership Building:
- Foster partnerships with community organizations, educational institutions, and workforce development agencies to connect eligible individuals with employment opportunities.
- Assistance Programs:
- Oversee or coordinate training and employment assistance programs for Section 3 residents.
- Provide guidance on accessing social services and resources to improve self-sufficiency.
- Performance Metrics:
- Develop and implement performance metrics to measure the effectiveness of Section 3 initiatives.
- Identify areas for improvement and suggest strategies to enhance compliance and community impact.
Qualifications and Skills
- A two-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Payroll, or four-year degree in any related major preferred. Public Administration, Business, Community Development, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of Section 3 regulations and federal contracting requirements.
- Strong Excel skills; Experience with Office 365 including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to receive and react to changes in priorities and implement these changes into the daily schedule to meet deadlines. Organizational skills necessary to prioritize work responsibilities and work with minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid driver s license and an acceptable driving record. A high level of professionalism.
- Working and functional knowledge of SharePoint a plus.
- Some weekend work may be required.
- Bi-lingual in either Spanish or another primary language a plus but not required.
- Experience in compliance, project management, or community outreach.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for outreach and education.
- Ability to work independently, manage deadlines, and handle multiple projects.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting.
- Familiarity with community development and economic empowerment programs is advantageous.
The Section 3 Compliance Specialist may work for government agencies, housing authorities, or organizations that receive federal funding or contracts subject to Section 3 compliance. This role often involves a mix of office work, field visits, and community engagement.
**Note:** This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the role and general responsibilities. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, or requirements. The specific responsibilities and tasks of the position may vary based on the organization’s needs and priorities.
New York, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required) – multiple locations across boroughs